AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The specs are up on cinefx website here . eta is 4-23 but we'll see how true that is. Intersting spec is the 2ghz P4 min for non- DxVA decoding. My 2.26 should be alright....hopefully. Can't wait to get this card.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Tuner is about the same. Some of the beta testers got badly tuned ones so hopefully not a QA issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Fusion HDTV II is now available at cinefx.com. Has anybody here recieved one yet?

I am curious if it is any better or worse at recieving stations than the original Fusion HDTV card.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just got my FusionII today, and have been playing with it.

The silver sensor I have works alright for an antenna, but no real VHF capabilities. My little wire dipole can pick up some VHF analog channels, but there seems to be some sort of interference with some of the wires around the back of my computer. Couldn't pick up WBBM-DT (channel 3) at all, but that's alright, since these are only indoor antennae. Couldn't even get channel 2 (WBBM analog), it might be just the interference or my position in the house.

There's one thing that I think should be fixed. I plugged in my cable (Comcast), and I get channel 5 and 6 on the autoscan, but nothing else. They won't show up when I try to tune them, though. I'm thinking my cable is setup up with HRC, and the FusionII is assuming broadcast-like frequencies or something else. Since I couldn't find a way to fine-tune the channel frequency, I guess I'll just have to wait.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Rack - it could be the size of your antenna too. Channel 2's wavelength is around 6 meters, so a proper antenna would need to be around 3 meters or roughly 9 feet, 4.5 feet each side of center for a dipole. The direction of the antenna can affect it too.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I thought that the Fusion series of HDTV tuner cards only worked with OTA signals?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Fusion2 has a S-Video input. So you can use a S-Video cable and stick it into the S-Video output of the box and get the analog signal that way.

At least that's what the tech guy at Digital Connection just told me.

Manny

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Fusion II has 2 rf connectors on it. You have the choice of either OTA or Cable on either or both connectors.

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
Quote:
There's one thing that I think should be fixed. I plugged in my cable (Comcast), and I get channel 5 and 6 on the autoscan, but nothing else. They won't show up when I try to tune them, though. I'm thinking my cable is setup up with HRC, and the FusionII is assuming broadcast-like frequencies or something else. Since I couldn't find a way to fine-tune the channel frequency, I guess I'll just have to wait.
The Fusion software doesn't have analog Cable HRC support. Try Dscaler, that'll work.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.