AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my FusionHDTV 5 Lite in and install and after 3 days of testing I am aobut to throw my machine against the wall. I can deal with the occational studder of the video, but the darn program keeps crashing every 3-5 minutes. UGG. I have been playing with SateTV as well, but it locks up too.

Are the any other programs that will use the FusionHDTV 5 lite board and run correctly... Hopefully freeware!!

Ok, climbing down of my soapbox now.

BTW when it is running the picture is stunning. I am gonna luv this when (if) I can get it to work correctly.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to the sagetv beta, but since I am running on the trail version of sagetv, it does not appear that I can use it. It stops and asks me for a security key.... oh well so much for try before you buy.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Check your IRQ settings for the fusion. Try not to share it's IRQ. People have disconnected printers, USB ports and other devices to fix the problem w/ stuttering and crashes. My older fusion 2 worked fine after I moved it to another PCI slot...

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrax79
I just got my FusionHDTV 5 Lite in and install and after 3 days of testing I am aobut to throw my machine against the wall. I can deal with the occational studder of the video, but the darn program keeps crashing every 3-5 minutes. UGG. I have been playing with SateTV as well, but it locks up too..
Are you using it to watch SD or HD channels? I ask because of your later SageTV beta comments. I'm not sure how well the Fusion works with SD, but absent that, I don't recall people having stability issues similar to yours.

In addition to checking the IRQ settings, you might also consider testing your memory.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know it's not freeware - but MCE 2005 runs my fusion 3 perfect. I've had the card for a year and never used it because of the ****** software, epg and scheduler. now with MCE 2005 it gets used daily -recordings work, the MCEguide is much better than the EPG or titantv. Pause, timeshifting, [email protected] all work a lot better in MCE that in Fusions software.

Sorry if I sound like a MCE fanboy - but it made my fusion card usable.

Never tried sage or myth.

·
Registered
633 Posts
fred,

i take it you've got another tuner card as well? as i understand (and experience) it, MCE won't recognize the fusion card without another hardware-based mpeg2 decoding tuner installed...

thx,

dookie

·
Registered
124 Posts
GB-PVR now has initial support for ATSC HDTV cards that have BDA drivers. Only a handful of cards were actually tested but I personally tested it with the Fusion 5 lite and it works great. The only downside is that you have to manually enter your channel settings which isn't really as hard as you think. I wrote a tutorial about on how to do it. You can find the latest version of GB-PVR as well as ATSC setup instructions (second post of the thread) at http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7839

·
Registered
212 Posts
dookie1,

Yes, I have an Avermedia M150. You need a analog tuner not only to set up the Fusion but also make any changes to your tv setup also, so plan on leaving it in there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenju
Does any of the alternative applications do QAM tuning in regular Windows XP?
Not sure about GB-PVR. I don't have digital cable and therefore couldn't test that feature during our beta phase. Since GB-PVR is free it won't hurt to try it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
download the newest beta 3.006 from Dvico

it is the first version to ever work with my Fusion HDTV 5 Lite

ftp://suma:[email protected]

I wonder why this version isn't publicly available on their website. How did you get it? Did it come with a changelog?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anyone gotton other software to work with Fusion Lite 5. I would like to explore other options. Still hoping that MCE will get it act together and support QAM.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
IRQ sharing is the reason for the stuttering if you have a reasonably powered computer. You'll never see the "exclamation" in the System tab which indicates a problem but if it is sharing an IRQ there will be problems.

I had to rearrange and disconnect other items but finally the stuttering stopped when I finally got the Fusion on an IRQ by itself.

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Quote:
I wonder why this version isn't publicly available on their website. How did you get it? Did it come with a changelog?
it is an alpha version to work out troubles with QAM and channel scanning

they emailed the link to me

changelog? you mean release notes?

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
you can download it yourself

but I did not see any

neither have I seen any in, any of the Fusion releases

the notes are usually posted on the website

the email included the fixes

I can foward it to you

if you pm me your email and reason (so I remember)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am trying to get QAM to work with my lite card and I am having no luck. Can please someone help me. Has anyone had any luck?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.