AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to hang onto my old Pioneer 64" RPTV from Costco, the SD-643HD5 to be exact. Problem is, I managed to mess up the component inputs on the back pretty good from them repeatedly banging into the UPS I had behind it over the years, and I think they are a little, I dunno, loose or something. When using them now, plugging in the component cables usually requires I jiggle them to be angled at just the right spot/angle to not get any issues with the color (hard to describe, things just get blurry or a little "off" with the color, a blurriness, a green tint to things, etc. I am certain the issue resides in the inputs there at that board, but I don't want to spend a ton to fix this.

I took the back off and it doesn't look like it's easy to just tighten them up. I'm also a bit afraid of running into voltage (never had to open up the set to work on it before). Any advice or fixes would be very much appreciated. For a set as old as it is, the picture is still beautiful especially viewing high definition. I was surprised at how clean it was inside too.

Help?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 /forum/post/19645662

You will probably have to resolder it on the board.

Be similar to this http://www.laptoprepair101.com/lapto...-repair-guide/

If you are worried about high voltage, just turn it off and unplug it for a while.

It's been unplugged a long time so no worries there. Still, I have no idea how to work on this thing -- Here's a couple photos of the inside. So are you saying I need to remove all the circuit boards somehow, and then somehow de-solder and re-solder that black box there towards the back where all the component connectors are? May be too advanced for me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts