AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next week or so I will be hanging sheetrock in my home theater (waiting to get the Green Glue in). In the meantime, I want to make sure I have every useable cable running from my equipment rack location to the projector.

My current projector is a Sony CRT, but I will probably upgrade to a 1080p bulb projector once they become more affordable. Right now I have 5 runs of quad-shield RG-6 (for RGBHV or component video), two cat-5e cables (for control signals), one 120V outlet, and one HDMI. Video switching/conversion will be performed in the rack.

Have I left anything out? Cable's cheap, work's not.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Sounds good, I would up the number of network cables to four. I put two cat5-e's in and now I wish I had run four (can still do it pretty easy, just would have been better if I started with 4). Amazing how quick I eat up wire pairs from the cat5's - IR / Serial / Triggers / etc.... and, I might even use one for Ethernet at some point

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not sure if you already planned this, but I would HIGHLY recommend that you install 3" or so conduit between your equipment and your projector. There is no way to predict what new cables they will come up with in the future. Conduit will allow you to easily pull in any cable you need in the future. Even if you have already run all those cables, run some conduit too for the future.

Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.