Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker on most of these boards and I figure this is a good place to start for this question.

I'm remodeling my house (1100 sq. ft., 3 BR, 1 Bath, ranch style) some time in the near future and at that time I plan to buy a 42 inch Panny ED monitor and install it on the wall in my living room. At the same time I'm building an A/V closet to hold all the video gear. In it I'll have a DVD player, Replay, PS2, Direct TV, and VCR all running through a Denon 3802 AVR. I plan to live in the house for a long time and don't want to limit my future growth. I already plan to send component, RGBHV and S-Video, Cat-5 and something to carry infrared to the monitor. I figure I should run a DVI cable also.

I'm running double RG6 and double Cat-5 to most rooms as well to do phones, home network and cable video distribution. I'm not yet planning on distributing fiber. Based on the size of the house (small) I'm not sure I want to do automatic lighting projects either.

But, just in case I change my mind, what should I run as long as the walls are open to prevent pulling out my hair in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Conduit :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Robertmee is right as conduit is the only really safe thing.

But from your plans, I would only say to add 14/4 as either speaker wire or power wire from the central media closet to each of the rooms.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. You know, framing doesn't really look that bad once you get used to it. :)

What do lighting panels use to talk to the switches? Cat-5? or just an extra wire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.