AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my PJ just went from a sharp focus to fuzzy. I popped up the OSD into the advanced area so there would be a lot of PJ generated characters to look at. Lo and behold, the bit-mapped characters look like they have been shadowed with leading and trailing gray pixels.

I noticed the same thing with some of the AVIA cross hatch patterns. A "dot" that was supposed to be a 2x2 would be shadowed both vertically and horizontally. From a distance all is fuzzy.

Yesterday I noticed that I couldn't seem to get the thing sharply focused for the movie and tonight I got this far.

This appears anywhere on the screen, not like out of sync type fuzzy areas.

FWIW, I'm feeding 480p component, but I decided the OSD would have to be pristine by definition. Seems like when I first got the thing that the focus was quite sharp.

Would someone please take a look, up close, at the OSD characters and see if these are crystal clear bit-mapped or have fuzzy shadows?

Seems like I am the guy that can always pick the dud out of an entire pile of consumer electronics. While blindfolded at that!

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
50 Posts
jamin,

I would give NEC customer service a call. Maybe they can work you through this. If you choose this option, please post results, i.e. how you were treated and if you thought they were helpful.

------------------

Todd

---------------------

-scan-lines-annoy-me-

---------------------

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next time you have your 150 on, I wonder if you would take a moment and pop up one of the projector generated On Screen Displays ( the one that shows up at the bottom when you invoke power off is fine). Just wander up to the screen and take a look at the characters and post back if they are sharp or shadowed ( like WORD drop shadow only all around).

Grant , Frode, Milori ? Thank you.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
846 Posts
I wouldn't call the menu shadowed in my case. I would call it fuzzy with a 480p signal through component and fuzzier with a 480i signal through S-Video.

I recall it being very sharp with a 720P signal.

--Les

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think it is normal. My VT540 has similar fuzziness.

You can check your unit by doing following test:

Choose input that is not connected and pop up projector menu, it should be razor sharp now. If not then you have something to be worried about.

When you have some input coming in projector and you are using projector menu it is usually fuzzy depending on input signal type. With XGA input signal it should be ok too but anything else it is more or less fuzzy and ghosted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.