AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed that the projected image at the top center of my screen seems to be a bit muddy, fuzzy, or hazy. My screen is a evenly painted board. The NEC MT1030 is an XGA LCD proj. My projector placement is rather new as I have remodeled my HT. The NEC is now mounted about 7 inches from the cream colored ceiling. I have not had a chance to move the projector for testing. I have had the NEC for about a year and never noticed this before so I'm thinking it might have to do with my new installation.

Could the fuzziness at the top center of the screen be caused by some light defraction or reflection from the ceiling since the screen and projector are so close to the ceiling?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Could it be dust blobs? Try canned air (becareful not to turn it upside down or oil will ruin your optics) after blasting a few on a Kleenex to ensure no oil contaminants. You can concentrate the air blows using the red plastic tube. Notice where the optical asssembly is when PJ is running (you can actually tape some masking tape pointing towards that direction). Then turn off PJ and blast some air to see if it'll help. If it hasn't turn it upside down an do the same. Some put their vacuum on the air intake and output grill and suck. You can vary your suction by drilling a hole in the plastic extension tube and putting your thumb partially over it. You don't want to overdo it as it may knock something loose :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.