AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not that it's a big deal, but when I went there, it said the price was $510 ($509.99), with a $30 rebate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
they change the price all the time. it was $499.99 and then it went to $509.99 and then back to $499.99 and then $509.99

with all of those changes, i have yet to see the "REAL" price, since both the $499 & $509 prices are on some gimmicky "bargin countdown" clock ~ and the "REAL" price only shows up supposedly when the clock counts down to 00:00:00 or they run out of stock. (looks like they always re-set it for more bargin sales)

my order:

Subtotal: $499.99

Ground Service Shipping: Free

Handling & Processing Fee: $5.95

Sales Tax: $0.00

TOTAL: $505.94 ($475.94 after $30 rebate)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Do you get the authorized warranty with a valid (with Sony) receipt.

It's not worth saving a few bucks with no warranty, (no matter what ecost says).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try using froogle.google.com, a service that's in 'beta' test. (Sorry, cannot create a hotlink 'cause BB software says I must have 5 posts before I can do that :( )

I entered DMR-E80 in the search window, and when the results came up I selected 'Price: low to high' to cause a resort. If it's bottom dirt price you care about they list one for $487.05.

I would check out any mail-order/web-order outfit at resellerratings.com. They also have a price search engine, I put in the DMR-E80 and got 53 store offers (range: $488.99 - $799.95). Nice thing is that they also include the ResellerRatings rating level as well as a shipping/tax calculator (just enter your zipcode) to see the 'final price' you will pay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by goony
I entered DMR-E80 in the search window, and when the results came up I selected 'Price: low to high' to cause a resort. If it's bottom dirt price you care about they list one for $487.05
right, but check that place's shipping & handling! it's like $19.95 - $24.95 or something like that. i actually saw one place that sold it for $465 with $59.99 shipping! ~ still, no one beats eCost!

the $30 rebate is exclusive to eCost, PCMall, MacMall... although PC/MacMall have the unit for more than eCost... which is strange since they are all the same company.

(it comes with full manufacturer's warranty, too: Parts Warranty 1 year, Labor Warranty 1 year)

·
Registered
36 Posts
By the way, Amazon.com is offering the E-80 for $540 with a $50 rebate good for their site which effectively makes the unit $490 with free shipping. Not too bad if you can spend the $50.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Keep it coming fellas...good stuff.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That deal from Amazon is not a rebate but a $50 credit you can only spend at Amazon.

It works like this, they will ship you a promotional code 4-6 weeks after your item ships. The code is redeemable for the $50 to Amazon for a future purchase. This credit expires 12/31/03.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Resist
You think this model is worth getting or wait for the E100 to come down in price a bit?
if you really need to have the extra "bells'n'whistles" of the E100, then it really shouldn't be a question for you. just get the E100 whenever you can afford it. but, if you don't need the extras but need something NOW, then E80 is your best buy.

sure, things will ALWAYS go down in price. I bet the E80 will be under $450 in a month or so, but if you always waited for something to get lower, you'd never buy anything because something better would come along, and then you would have to wait for THAT to get lower, etc. , etc. , etc :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vicmeldrew
By the way, Amazon.com is offering the E-80 for $540 with a $50 rebate good for their site which effectively makes the unit $490 with free shipping. Not too bad if you can spend the $50.
eCost's $475.94 after $30 rebate is still better. who would buy all that overpriced stuff at Amazon anyway? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Guess what I meant to say was, is the E100 worth the extra money compared to the E80. I know the E100 has a bigger HD but am not sure what else it does that I would use.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Resist
That deal from Amazon is not a rebate but a $50 credit you can only spend at Amazon.

It works like this, they will ship you a promotional code 4-6 weeks after your item ships. The code is redeemable for the $50 to Amazon for a future purchase. This credit expires 12/31/03.
Interesting.. even without the $50 promo, I think Amazon has lowered their price a bit. I have actually been using the "found a lower price" link a few times lately telling them about lower prices, hoping they'd lower their prices.. (I know I told them about the 6thave.com deal.. $502.28 including shipping)

Mostly it's because I think amazon is essentially a "name brand" of online places, and know they have good customer service.. _if_ I could get it the same price there, I would.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.