AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 1 last night for $105! Some are "Buy Now" for $120 or 130 (15 shipping) from 2 different sellers.

Just a heads-up, not affiliated with any of them.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Do you get the HDMI cable with them (you are supposed to with the 46VS)? They may be calling them "refurbed" but the scam being that they buy the units with the HDMI cable - pull the cable for reselling and then repackage and deep discount them AS "refurbs" sans the cable. Just a wild guess, but in any event make sure you are getting the cable. If so, then that is a great price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bought it last night. I did notice there was no mention of the cable, so who knows..?

Fortunately I already have 2 HDMIs. Decent price(I think

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Let us know how you make out with it.

You never know how these Deals are. I've heard of some that they say are refurbs but they were nothing but store returns that could have had something wrong with them & were never fixed.

The way to tell if they are "Factory Refurbs" is that they will come with a 90 day written warranty from the manufacture & in a sealed box from the manufacture.

My neighbor bought last years Samsung VR-320 DVD/VCR Combo for only $90 & it was a factory refurb from Samsung & everything checked out OK on it & it has been working fine for the last few weeks & that's with very heavy use in his Familyroom so you never know.

I would think the big thing would be is to find out if the manufacture will honor the repair warranty from the vendor you are buying it from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 46V on eBay, as a "refurbished, with 90-day warranty" unit including HDMI. It arrived in good shape, with the cable, and is (so far) performing flawlessly.

My only complaint(s) are:

1 - The unit was listed as DMR ES45VS, the unit delivered was the ES46V. (Seller maintains they're exactly the same.)

2 - The manual is one of the most poorly written/organized I've ever seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.