AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding discrete IR commands or Discrete Serial commands for the DILA? I would like to automate at least the power On/Off and Video inputs.

Any help appreciated

Frank Barrett

Fort Lauderdale

·
Registered
774 Posts
Frank,

RS-232 Codes can be found on my personal website listed below in my signature. On/off and inputs can be controlled discretely rather than having to toggle through the options.

------------------

Tom Stites

Director, Business Development

Digital Systems Division

JVC Professional Products

"My opinions do not necessarily reflect..."

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oops,

Forgot, website is not in this signature...
www.large-screen.com

------------------

Tom Stites

Director, Business Development

Digital Systems Division

JVC Professional Products

"My opinions do not necessarily reflect..."

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Frank,

You can also use Dilard for serial control of the D-ILAs, if you don't want to roll your own solution from the docs. The automation features of the software are free, and you can do just about anything you could possibly want to do through RS232.
www.dilard.com

Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tom and Mark. Is there a simple way to gain these discrete commands without getting "Bill Gates" involved?

I have (3) Dila's (1 G-11, 2-G-15's) to automate via Panja.

I can do RS-232 or IR.

I am very interested in using the software in your program for set-up however. My next step is to load my laptop and see if I can get the "hang of it".

Thanks again

Frank

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Frank,

Everything the projector can do is available via RS232...even stuff that you're not supposed to do. However, I don't know if there are discrete IR codes to change to a specific video source without cycling around.

One idea I once had (but never did) was to program one of these Ocelots to accept IR and turn it into RS232.

This is a clever (but sophisticated) device. You teach it an RS232 code, then teach it an IR code and match them up. Once you have it programmed, you stuff it into the RS232 port of the projector.

From that point forward, you send IR, the the projector receives RS232. In other words, FULL control of the projector (including all discretes) from a learning remote.

No computer is required in this set-up, but the reason I didn't do it is that it appears to be quite an experience to program the Ocelot (which does require a computer).

Just thought I'd let you know about an alternative.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark, I appreciate your help.

I would still need to know the 232 command to teach the Ocelot. If I know the 232 command I can send it out of Panja w/no turn arounds.

I assume a direct ASCII or Hex command exist for the JVC? I would like something simple: IE (Power ON) or (Power OFF).

Input select (Computer 2) and Memory (SXGA3) would be nice also.

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Frank,

Yes, those codes are available. The complete list is in the document(s) that Tom Stites referenced.

I agree that the Ocelot would be a silly addition if you have a Panja. You can do just what you need from the RS232 reference doc.

The language is a little...odd...but it works. You can probably ignore the return codes from the projector. As long as you are sending valid data, the projector will not generally return an error code.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mark and also to Tom. With a little help from Toms program and hyper-terminal I was able to figure out the protocol and now have control via Panja.

Thanks again

Frank Barrett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.