AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tryg has been posting some very interesting teases lately.

1.People are already putting higher wattage Ceramax bulbs in their Dilas to get more brightness.

2.The hard part is to control the temperature. There is a 20degree F increase in temp from the G20(500w=180F)to the G-15(420w=160F).

Unfortunately Tryg is not giving a complete how to on this but surely if it is possible, and especially if it is true that some people are already using this conversion,we can find out how to do it and share the findings with the rest of the forum.

Is it just a matter of using the different busb and somehow changing the power supply of the projector or is it a different bulb altogether with no need to worry about power supplies? If as Tryg says the hardest part is keeping the projector cool I am sure some of the more efficient hush boxes with multiple fans could handle this. But we shouldn't have to guess if the people who have already done this share the know how and the results.

Lets find this out because many people are coming to the point where a bulb change is needed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Martin,

am I missing something here? are you saying there are ceramax bulb with 500w disigned specefically for a dila g20? if so, where can I get this and how much does it costs?

I have a g20. thanks

seng

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Tryg!

Enlighten us!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
stop it, you people are trying to manipulate me.

I already mentioned you can get bulbs that aren't custom builds for companies. So if you do business with Perkins- Elmer(or want to) you should be able to buy their standard bulbs. The 500w bulb(G20/m20) just happens to be one of them. There may even be more, like in other sizes. all around $500-$600 if you buy a few.

Keep in mind if you do interact with them I would NOT recommend telling them what it is for. Otherwise you may get shut out(JVCs business runs deep).

nuff said

I admit it would be cool to see many people experimenting with different bulbs and power supplies to acheive maximum brightness/contrast for the $. It's not as mysterious and dangerous as some people have made it out to be.

But who cares? TAW's DLPKLR has a 25,000 hour something http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Tryg (edited 09-14-2001).]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Tryg,

I gotta know too! I have a G11 and could really use a little more punch. My projector is mounted behind a wall and so a little more noise doesn't matter.

'Fess up dude!

------------------

ham

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.