AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
X-Play just wrapped up its yearly video game awards show G-Phoria. The votes have been counted, sport coats worn and the winners have been announced.

Let's just say this: Fallout 3 is to G-Phoria 2009 as The English Patient was to the Oscars in 1996. Meaning pretty much that Fallout 3 totally owned everyone else. Is anyone suprised? Probably not.

Check out the Game of the Year announcment below, click read more to see some of the other categories and if you feel so inclined, click over to the G-Phoria 2009 web page on the G4 Internets to see the complete list of winners.

G-Phoria 2009 winners

I watched this today. I think the 360 took like 56% of the votes for Best System.

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
"I heard they will re-release Fallout 3 with all expansion packs. True?"

There will be a GOTY version in a couple months with the first 3 expansions, last I heard. Speaking from a purely monetary stance, that means that if you can currently find a copy of Fallout 3 for $30, then by all means pick it up, as you will end up spending the same amount in the end. Hell, the current version of the game has so much content to it that $60 is still an excellent deal, it only looks poor in comparison to the other version of Fallout 3 that will come later.

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
g4 doesnt mean anything to me in terms of video games. to have an awards show for games (from them) is like saying MTV awards mean anything (they dont).

·
Banned
2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/16959822

g4 doesnt mean anything to me in terms of video games. to have an awards show for games (from them) is like saying MTV awards mean anything (they dont).

While your statement is very true, it's really the only way that gamers actually get to vote for their favorites. All game mags and sites are way biased.

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
^true. i'll go a step further and say G4 is also biased. here let me turn it on and see what's showning right now.......DANGIT! another star wars movie marathon! WTF! lol

is there really any media outlet that isnt biased though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts