AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine, not endorsing it, 1.5 hours to go, caveat emptor.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only 30 min. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1263002689

My addiction is tempting me ....

Bob Wood, help!!!! Quick, tell me everything on eBay isn't a great deal. That the seller is a doctor, lawyer or thief.

Quick, can one stack G1000s?

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I resisted, it went for $3K. Some newbie/oldie just passed up a great deal or great scam.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
But which one it is the world may never know...

I was looking at this too. But I managed to fight off the urge to bid.

--Jerome

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
For some reason the picture with the girl showing the screen seems familiar, like maybe same projector/scam/whatever mentioned here a year or so ago.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Ken

One thing that may have influenced this final bid price was his ending time. It's not very wise to end an eBay auction at 1:30 in the morning on the east coast. Those of us who've been doing it a long time would have listed this at eBay prime time (that's Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday evening at 7PM Pacific). Also, eBay is seasonal and this is THE worst time of the year to sell big ticket electronics.

I think he left about $500-$1000 on the table with this sale.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I know this isn't the Ebay forum, but since I have an LCD projector I'd like to sell and upgrade to a DLP unit, when is the best season to sell on Ebay? (assuming a Sanyo PLC 8800N qualifies as big-ticket electronics!)

Seems like this may be a good time to pick up a good used projector at a better price.

------------------

Steve Jurgensen

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Steve,

If it was me I would wait until late October/early November.

But this is just speaking in terms of the eBay market in general. Any given eBay listing can potentially do something unpredictable. All it ever takes is only two bidders who are determined to be the winner. So if you don't want to wait you can always run it with a reserve and hope that will happen. If it doesn't all it will cost you is about five bucks.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.