AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get feedback from the forum regarding a timing problem with my DILA projector and notebook computer.

I have an unmodified JVC G1000 (did have the projector calibrated for home theater) DILA projector that I use for presentations and video. After purchasing a new Dell notebook with an NVida Geforce2go graphics adapter I have been unable to display images correctly on the DILA projector. The bottom 2/3 of the image is shown at the top of the screen, while the top 1/3 of the image is shown at the bottom. This problem is independent of screen resolution, and I have tried numerous combinations of resolution and refresh rate under the included twin view program for the Nvida card. I have had no luck correcting the problem. JVC tells me its a adapter issue, Dell tells me I need a monitor driver. I am confused.

I am not a die hard videophile so please be as simplistic as possible with the responses. I have read the perfect timings threads and am more confused that when I started.

The notebook is not used as a home theater computer. It is strictly for presentations including video. For traditional video I run DVDs and video tape with a video scaler and have no problems with synch, image or timing. Obviously the adapter is the problem. Can anyone offer needed advice on how to solve this situation.

Thank you for your help.

John

·
Registered
611 Posts
What resolution are you sending from the laptop and what memory are you using on the D-ILA?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't own this projector, but I imagine that it provides a way of adjusting the vertical and horizontal phase. Simply increase or decrease the vertical phase until the picture looks correct. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.