I have a Greyhawk 16:9 Screen.

Many thanks in advance.

And yes I have read the previous posts.

MASE

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

Mase,

It depends upon your faith. I made the change and have mixed feelings. I have not pulled the DTC100 out of the closet because the Hd-100 is so wonderfully convenient. It has a very slick interface. Very high WAF. The negative aspects of the machine are, I hope, about to be addressed by Sony. I sure hope that Sony does not let down purchasers on this one. Art

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Art,

What source are you viewing this on? Any difference in picture quality (HD & SD material).

Thanks,

MASE

·
Registered
857 Posts
Mase,

I tried two HD-100's and found them both lacking in locking on to the OTA signal that is located about 45 miles from my house. Serious problems with dropouts and lip synch.

I returned the Sonys and kept the DTC 100 that ourperformed the Sony in every way. The integrated guide might have been a plus for the Sony but it did not work!!

If you just have to have something with Sony on it, I would wait until there is a firm announcement from Sony to fix all the problems they are experienceing.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

Mase,

I am missing your question. Sources are Directv and OTA in St. Louis, Mo. I have a Dukane 9015 (G15) projector. HD and SD are worlds apart. A diet of Hd makes SD barely tolerable. DVD through a Rock is very good but obviusly not HD. I found the Sony superior to my DTC100 in pulling in stations. I am very close to the broadcst tower, 5 miles or so. That may be the difference. The Sony is much easier, ie. no changing inputs for different kinds of source material. Auto clock, etc. Art

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Art,

Thanks in advance for the reply.

What I meant was does SD & HD on the Sony look better, worse or the same when compared to the RCA? I was not comparing SD to HD, but was wondering how SD on the Sony compares to SD on the RCA, & same with HD.

Mase

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.