Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly cow now I know how the Sony 10HT and others felt like

when Dila ruled this forum topic.

I'm waiting to see a title post about Left my Lt150 unplug now what?

Now to the question has anyone solve the problem of the stray lighting in there home theater. right now I am using velour to control this but I will be setting up a dedicated theater and want to control all the light.

Has 1360X 768 helped?

How about the panamorph does this lense help with the edge light.

Just wondering what others are doing to control this so it can help me in designing the theater stage and front speakers setup. I'm thinking of setting the Sub just underneath the center channel.

Thanks Hugo

[This message has been edited by Hugomed (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hey pal, you gettin' through the heat ok?

The Panamorph does one thing I really like. There's no more light spill beyond the image like before when we were running 1360 x 768 on a 4:3 panel. I never could get rid of that extra shadow, even though in Dilard there was supposed to be a way to "turn the pixels off". I think I did have them turned off, but there was still light grey to be seen.

Of course, there's still the grey border around the whole image, but it seems smaller now.

I'm going to fire up the G11 now and see if the 752 itself can be masked, just like they do at the theaters. I'l let you know.

Chris

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chris

Missing the heat right now been in North Carolina last week or so.

Marks H.

neck of the woods.

Glad to hear about the mask that might sell me the pani.

If I cant find another solution.

Hugo

·
Registered
4,525 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Ok, I just finished watching a movie thru the 752 and tried holding a piece of thin cardboard up against the lens.

It works pretty well. There's just a slight shadow if you come in too far, but a lot better than close masking on the G11 lens itself, which I used to do.

I think in the right scenario, a person could make a three sided masking device, leaving the bottom open of course when switching between 16:9 and 2.35 ARs. If you devise it to be a bit away from the 752 glass itself, I think it would work perfect.

4:3 stuff wouldn't apply of course unless you really wanted to get crafty and make one that did both.

Chris

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I think the key would be to get the masking as far away as possible from the lens to reduce the shadow effect. Maybe something like a little hood that fit over the top of the 752 lens and came down a few inches away from the face of the lens. Tonight I'll try and see just how far off it needs to be.

Chris

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mark just had to get away.

I'm in Ashville mountains so a little cooler than phoenix.

Hey how about that foam weather strip used for doors or windows that sticks out about 1/2 inch. would that work you think or does it have to be further than that.

Hugo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.