AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this setup at CEDIA in the "low light" area. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen a G20 before and thought that was the best available digital system I'd seen. This was better, but I think they defocussed it slightly to make the screen door absolutely invisible. It wasn't as good as the G90 Sony was showing (which absolutely blew me away - I'd never seen one before), but for less than 1/2 the price (including lens and scaler), I can see why people rave about the DILA/anamorphic combo.

If anyone reading this is still at CEDIA and hasn't seen this setup, RUN, don't walk, to the LL section and check it out!

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i missed this. where in the ll section was it?

greg

------------------

-------------------------

Compaq MP2800 DLP, 1Ghz htpc w radeon aiw, 45 x 80" diy accoustically transparent screen, lexicon dc-1. ipaq touchscreen for control

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Is this Immersive's setup? I believe that they have the same exact equipment there (G15/Isco/Vigatec).

In other words, it's quite appropriate for you to post your reaction to this combination on this very forum!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yes, this is our setup. The lens may have been out bit out of focus as people keep having us remove it and put it back to see the difference. It was not defocused intentionally.

Greg, we are back by the Zenith booth sharing a booth with Vigatec and ISCO. We provided the G15 and two of the SDI players. Stop by in the morning before noon when I'm around. I'd love to meet you. I think I met quite a few avsforum members at the show this week and its been a lot of fun.

------------------

Tom Strade

Immersive, Inc.
www.immersiveinc.com

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nope. Gotta give William Phelps major props here!!! If you want your projector calibrated by a pro you should send it to William - the G15 we were showing was simply amazing.

------------------

Tom Strade

Immersive, Inc.
www.immersiveinc.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.