AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a Cliff Plavin calibrated G15. It will be projecting onto a 135" diagonal 16:9 Stewart Grayhawk. Processing will be performed by a ROCK.

Automation control of the Projector will be through the rs-232 port and will be tied into an existing automation system (crestron, etc.)

The question is...aspect ratio modification to use the panamorph will be handled by the Rock. Automation will be controlled by the existing system. Calibration will be done by Cliff. Do I still need DILARD? And if so, what additional features will it give me?

Thanks!

p.s. The audio portion of this theater will be a Lexicon MC-12 with sunfire amps. Fiber optic ceiling and way too many bass shakers!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Hi,

It's possible to top/center/bottom align a 16:9 or 2.35:1 picture with the ROCK and without DILARD. The ROCK can do the aspect ratio control you need.

However, if you want to use the extensive picture-quality-enhancing calibration features of DILARD, and you want to reposition the HDTV image (if you have a HDTV source) you will still want to use DILARD!

------------------

Thanks,

Mark Rejhon
www.marky.com/hometheater
Lead Software Engineer for The TAW ROCK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.