Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The procedure as I understand it:

* Shoot a solid black pattern - BTW: I'm using the Nokia test pattern.

* Adjust brightness to 50% contrast to 0

* Turn down the G2s

* Turn up G2s one at a time until they just start to show light, then back them down so there is 0 light output while looking through the lens.

The procedure to adjust the color balance isn't clear to me. I know I need to use a gray scale, but do I leave brightness at 50% and set contrast to 50%? At those settings the gray scale looks kinda dark, so do I adjust the brightness/contrast until it looks more normal and then adjust the color balance or what?

Also, I understand that when adjusting color balance, I should adjust at most two of the G2s and one should remain unchanged - an anchor so to speak. Does it make a difference which one?

One other thing...the green gun takes forever to fade completely to black ~ 15 minutes or more. I guess that's normal??

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
bump

Me too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess we'll have to wing it ;)

I think the procedure outlined above is a bit of a kludge, but probably does get the G2s close enough for most people.

Yesterday I set my green G2 back up near its original setting since the above procedure produced to dark of a picture and I had to ratchet the brightness and contrast up near max to compensate. After turning the green back up, I then adjusted Red and Blue until I got a good gray scale. The G2s all ended up slightly lower than the original settings but higher than the "no light" procedure. The picture looks much better! My brightness is now at 50%, contrast ~80% on the PJ. Also, I no longer need ANY color compensation on the overlay to get natural looking colors in movies.

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.