AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to search for a theard on adjusting the G2 on my NEC XG 110 but the search engine says G2 is to short of a word to search for. Any suggestions?

Deron

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Deron,

The G2's on the NEC XG are fixed and cannot be adjusted.

Tony,

On the Barco 800, set your brightness control to mid range, display a gray scale pattern, and use the G2's to set correct black level for all three tubes.

Chuck

·
Registered
430 Posts
Guys,

For anyone interested in G2 adjustments, I suggest trying greyscale instead of G2 for compliance with the search engine rules.

Guru Chuck,

Any ideas as to why the G2 is fixed on the NECs and are there any practical drawbacks to this?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Scott,

The 808s is different. In the service menu, select "G2 Adjust" and follow the on-screen directions.

Iceman,

The NEC's rely on the electronics exclusively to establish cut off levels and keep the G2 at a nominal level. There'sreally no reason to adjust it. It's really like the 808s that Scott asked about. There's an LED on the CRT output card that indidcates the correct G2 lelvel in service mode, then drives and cut offs are set separately.

Chuck

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello guy's

On a Barco 800/801 you have to set the cut off red and bleu to 50

Brightness 50 contrast 0 take a black pattern from AVIA en set the G2 control that the raster is just visible on all 3 colors

On the 808s its easy go to the menu push enter turn the G2 control on each color until the green led is off on the driver that is mounted on the back at the tube

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.