AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 9PG I'm setting up seems to run fine but upon start-up (no signal), I've noticed the green and blue tubes appear "on" but the red tube does not. The red works - and appears just as bright as the other two, if not brighter, on the screen and looking into the lens. I've read about the G2 setting and it sounds like the red is set right and the other two are wrong (too high)?

· Registered
567 Posts
I would agree with you there. With the absence of a video signal, all tubes should be 'off'. Sounds like your G2 adjustments are out. Do the colors look correct whilst watching a movie?

· Registered
4,018 Posts
wasco, before you play with the G2 on the PG, try the Kelvin button on your service remote. See if the PJ rebalances itself properly. Setting the G2 and color balance is tricky on these beasts, and you may want to try the defaults before turning pots.

Marc

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cookie, the colors looked just fine when I watched a few minutes of unconverged Matrix, so color seems good.

Tinman, thanks for the tip - I'll check out that Kelvin button tonight.

Thanks!

· Registered
60 Posts
I see something similar on my 6pg+. The blue and green seem to be

dimly lit while the red is not. But I only seem to get this after displaying

video and then muting the picture. The color balance seems fine.

Is the G2 slightly set wrong or is the persistance of the phosphors

just glowing longer on the green and blue because of more output

than red?

I believe the glow slowly goes away if I leave the picture muted long

enough.

· Registered
567 Posts
The green glow is quite normal after some use and slowly dissappears as it cools down.

My Red and Blue tube go completely black immediately after shutdown. All my tubes are brand new however. Perhaps the blue retains some glow as it gets older... not sure. But on new tubes it doesn't do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.