AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I've been enjoying the best pictures ever from my G20 - thanks to the arrival of a HD set top box. Here in Australia we have only just started down the digital TV road and currently there is very little material shown HD.

The DGTEC set top box however brought with it a surprise which could be of interest to others. It upconverts everything (even standard SD material) to either 1080i or 1152i. I run it in 1152i (double 576i PAL) as our HD format is different enough to mean this gives me a wider picture (too long to get into here) on the DILA which has a 'US-style' 1080i preset. This means I can leave the G20 in 1080i and the picture is incredible! I can only put this down to the fact that the box is not having to interpolate (just double) and the G20 is doing the fantastic 1080i to progressive conversion we all know about. My standard PAL material has never looked so good - I have to say I have never seen an scaler do a better job (had been using DScaler on HTPC).

My question is related to this 1152i mode and also 576p. The G20 has optional User presets, two of which are factory configured to 1035i_Y and 1035i_R as discussed in another post. IS there any way to configure these? Mark has indicated DILARD may support it in the future - lets hope so. I need a 576p mode for progressive DVD player output.

------------------

Mark Harwood

[email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Randy,

Thanks for that! It's a case of 'read the manual first' on my part! I guess this means that I can modify one of the standard modes with DILARD (say 1080i) and then 'copy' this mode into a User preset (keeping the DILARD changes) and then restore the factory settings back into the standard 1080i preset.

My HDTV box also forces 1035i if the projector is in Auto so this should fix it!

Thanks again

Mark

------------------

Mark Harwood

[email protected]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes Mark,

You can configure the user sources on the G20. The first thing I did was delete the 1035i settings by simply blanking out these user source names. I had to do this because the G20 kept selecting these for the DTC-100 1080i output instead of 1080i, and the 1035i setting cut off the bottom of the image.

I then created a user source for the HD output of the DTC-100. First I fed the projector with 1080i from the DTC-100. Then I selected 1080i as the source on the projector. Then, I selected user source setup and named it DTC-100. Finally, I adjusted the pixel clock and position to get the best image.

I also setup two more user sources for my Crystal Image scaler and named them CI 768P(16:9 letterboxed) and CI 1024P(16:9 Panamorph).

Now I leave the projector source set to AUTO and the projector automatically selects the correct source. When it syncs to the DTC100 it flash AUTO-DTC100 on the screen. When it syncs to the scalar it flashes AUTO-CI 1024P on the screen.

Hope this helps...

------------------

Randy
Equipment List

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.