AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that to have the contrast as low as possible manual recommends 80 I run this at 68 (higher will cause tube burn)

also the Brightness the manual states 50 for this

does raising this to a higher level increase tube burn as people have stated for contrast

what do others set these on I am running a 16.9 screen with 1.1 gain

Also can someone inform me if there is a disassemble manual about for these EG remove the tubes,Lens For cleaning

Thankyou for taking the time to read and reply to this

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
The factory defaults for contrast and brightness are 80 and 50. They are good starting points but ultimately you will set your brightness and contrast based on your room, screen size, etc. I use a gray scale 10 ire step pattern for setting these looking for a distinct differentiation on the whites for contrast and blacks for brightness. I try and set mine up so that I don't exceed 80 or 85 on contrast and have never noticed any abnormal wear.

None of the manuals specifically show you how to remove the lens although the service manual does show a mechanical exploded view of how the parts go together. The lens removal is pretty easy. Release the top case, then take off the front cover. The lens's are held on with 4 phillips screws and there is a wire that is attached to one of them that must be removed. Clean the CElement and backsice of the rens and put back on. Remember to put the wire back in place.

Terry

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Terry

You must have read my mind on the lenses theres is a considerable amount of dust there

So keeping contrast around 80 ok

Brightness I have around 70

I Should not have a problem

Once again thankyou for your assistance

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Yes behind the lens's are big dust collectors. I use a lens cleaner cloth to clean them. Be careful as they are plastic.

You will be fine with the contrast at 80-85.

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.