AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1272 currently and wouldn't mind upgrading to a G70, what would be an appropriate offer for the G70 lot in the 'for sale' section here? I haven't kept up as much since I got my 1272 up and running, just been enjoying it. Thanks for any help.

Stu

· Registered
4,810 Posts
1500 bucks cash and carry. You could make a lot of that back by selling just the NIB tubes.

· Registered
707 Posts
Why not the Marquee speech in this case?

Is NIB new in box or something to that effect?

I am optimistic it all will go well. But

In my case I should probably know what I could get back for my new G70 tubes in the event this case transfer repair isn't a success. I hope it works if for no other reason than I lucked into the black case shell, its going to look/blend so nice with my black ceiling.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe no speech since this is a local pickup and I'm looking to spend as little as possible, I would love to get a marquee but it's not in the budget at this time. The guy selling the lot of G70 stuff lives about 5 mile away and sounds like he isn't looking for a ton of cash.

Stu

· Registered
4,810 Posts
local is good. Offer him $1K, cash talks loudly in this economy. Also, an as-is marquee will almost always have pretty high hours, burnt tubes, and it's own assortment of problems needing attention.

I know Curt upgrades some parts on the G70 as well when he works on them.

· Registered
4,810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiccow /forum/post/16855324

Any idea what he upgrades?

well if your looking for a parts list I can't help you there but one thing he does is make the C-board a lot more reliable. If I had to guess, I'd say more robust STK chips?

not sure about the rest? The common failures are C,B,E,PA, and sometimes YA/YB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.