Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Im installing my G70 on the ceiling today . My screen is 72" horizontal width and the manual states that the pj should be 92' from the screen. I have been told that it is possible to mount the pj closer to the screen than the manual recommends to make more use of the available tube . Does anyone know if this is a good move?

THANKS TO THOSE THAT REPLY !!

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
If you are using a 3x4 aspect screen I would use the Sony recommmend distance and geometry between the screen and projector. Some installers do move the projector sightly closer to the screen (for a given screen width) when using a 16x9 screen.

Ron Jones
www.dtvmax.com

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi 007,

First I recommend having more than one guy help you hang the G70.

- I'd say at least three more and you, and something more sturdy than the chairs in your kitchen to stand on when your reach for the ceiling expires.

- A good tall transmission jack. or perhaps some kind of winch device.

- Make sure all children are removed from the area.

- Have a plan, any plan in the event that one side of the braket should catch and the other does not and your stuck holding up one side of your G70 over your head on a chair that you got from the kitchen.

Oh there are a few more things to look out for that I might remeber when I get out of this neck brace.

Yes make sure you measure correclty the first time.

Or just hang a white sheet on the wall and where the image size looks good.... well you get the idea.

Have fun:)

MRW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.