AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving my family this summer and am trying to decide what to do with my G70. I love the projector and would hate to sell it, but moving it will be a pain. Unless...

Does anyone out there have a travel case for a G70 that I could buy or borrow? I am sure that even with shipping it from where you are to where I am and then back it would be cheaper than the hit I'll take if I sell it. When I bought my projector from Terry he had one that he probably would have given me just to be rid of it. I, shortsightedly, passed on the opportunity. Now I need one....

Anyone...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
When I moved my Sony 1270 from CA to VA.......I made a travel case for it the day before I moved.

It was a half a day's job. I think I used two 3/4" plywood sheets....some hinges, screws, a lock and some foam from Jo-Anns.

Everything was under 150 bucks

I suggest making one quickly

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Yeah... I mean, I wouldn't mind loaning you mine, but shipping it back and forth will add up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rajdude - How thick was the foam that you used and was it just regular foam or high density stuff?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I used the 4" thick foam, I think Jo-Ann called it High density. It was green/blue in color. I used a 40% off coupon which my wife had.

Frankly when the whole PJ sat on it flat it "gave" very little...........hence at that time I thought I should have got the low density version. That one was white in color.

But it protected the 1270 pretty well during the cross country trip on the mover's semi trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodgers /forum/post/0

Rajdude - How thick was the foam that you used and was it just regular foam or high density stuff?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have one you'd be welcome to borrow - but I'm guessing the freight will suck. I think the case on a pallet with the projector in it was $250 or so from Atlanta to Iowa, so probably at least $100 each way for just the road case - if not $150.

I'd probably whack something together myself, too. I know how it goes with time for more "projects", though - especially before a big move. Let me know if you're interested and we can check out the fright cost - it's a beast.

SC

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
I usually just build my own road cases just like what these guys have been saying.

I had to ship a Pj to Curt and back and it worked out fine. It must have gotten wached good becase the side opened up and Curt had to throw a screw in it to send it back to me. When I got it back I fixed it up and less then a year later I sold the Pj and case and shipee dit off again to somwhere I firget. The customer said it arived fine and he liked the case.

Just make one out of plywood or MDF if you have the time and then you will always have one. I wanna make one for my HD700 and line the inside with the factory foam from the original box! One of these days

Vic

·
Registered
640 Posts
when ever i go into jo ann, they look like i am either a freak or a pervert... and if you ask for directions they act like you are the stupidest person on the face of the earth, and you should automatically know what and where everything is...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts