AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading my Bose AM10(I was young and clueless) speakers. I have read lots and lots of posts here and have just about narrowed it down to two. My significant other really likes the appearance of my bose, so the new speakers have to be asthetically pleasing(I wish she had never seen the bose to have something to compare them to!). Def Tech 80's are out since a friend of mine has them as she doesn't like the looks of them at all. I "think" my current choices are 4 Gallo Micros for L/R/surround w/ a Due for the center and the HSU VTF2 for a sub OR JM LABS Sib and Cub w/ the JMLabs Sub. My current receiver is a Onkyo TX-DS575X. I am planning on upgrading the receiver as well with the new Onkyo SR800. The room is relatively small, 16X16 and I do about a 60/40 mix between HT and Music. I am sure that either of these will sound a LOT better than the bose, but I would like to hear your thoughts good or bad on these 2 systems as well as any others that I might not know about. My budget for the speakers is ~$1500 max. Thanks for all the greats posts here, they have been LOTS of help.

DrSung

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Well I will put in my vote for the Gallo Micros. If the WAF is good on the Due (a bit wierder / larger than the Micro) then if you had two of those for fronts and a center with Micro surrounds you will be in heaven!

I have 4 Micros with a Due center. The Due as a center is a must. The Micros with a good sub in stereo sound incredible, and are still more of an "art piece" when off than most speakers. The Dues with a sub would bring tears to your eyes.

When the Micros are playing, it is actually difficult to tell where the sound is coming from, the soundstage is that large. They will absolutely blow away your B(l)ose speakers, but still leave your space alone....

Check it out www.roundsound.com and do a web search for Gallo Micro reviews.....

I have yet to read a bad review about the Gallos

PLUS.. if you pay retail price you will have 1 Due - $600, 4 Micros - $600, 4 Stands for the Micros - $300 = $1500

That leaves a sub still, but maybe you won't need the stands or only a pair of them.

I bet if you did a small bit of wheeling and dealing you get get all of it plus a sub for not a whole lot over $1500

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.