AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, if anything, are folks here using to store Xbox One game controllers in a rackmount situation?

I've got a family room setup that's going to be using two side-by-side slide-out racks from Middle Atlantic. These will be in a custom cabinet. I'm looking for ways to allow storing the Xbox controllers and headsets. MA makes an SH-DMP inset storage piece. I've not seen any pictures of it in use besides on their website. My alternative is a 4U drawer.

Anyone got game controllers being stored on the rack and accessible for regular use?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the opportunity here to do the 'right thing'. That and what I do in this room will get somewhat 'paralleled' in the main theater room (whenever I get around to starting THAT). For that I plan on there being a cabinet along the front of the room, that'll have room for game console setups.

For the current room, however, I've got enough gear involved as to be able to use two side-by-side rack setups. Not enough height/depth to allow for some other arrangement. I'm fine with this. I've got room for a drawer and those have openings in the back to allow for wires. The SH-DMP probably isn't ideal, as it does nothing for the headphones. I generally tend to have only one set there but wouldn't mind being able to store two. Thus moving toward the drawer and a sloppy, cram it all in there result.

Thus it seemed worth asking here as to how others handle this kind of setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts