AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might be the best place to ask these questions.

I just bought a Sony KDL-40V2500, but it has some noticeable problems that i hope are fixable:

1. There is a distinct greenish tint over the entire picture using an HDMI cable from my Elite.

2. There is some ghosting when playing Gears and other fast paced games

I'm seriously considering taking this TV back for a Sharp 1080p Aquos. Any thoughts? I want a good LCD, and if I can turn my Sony into one with some simple steps, that would be great. If not, any suggestions on what to trade it in for? I'm not a fan of Samsung, but I'm open to other suggestions in the 2200-2500 price range 1080p HDTV's. I use this TV almost exclusively for gaming, so hopefully someone can suggest a nice gaming HDTV?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is it superior to the Bravia? i thought that gray blacks were the thing to look out for, but now ghosting is taking priority. have there been any reports of bad Aquos problems? i want as much info as you can provide.

thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well on my Samsung HDTV there is a 'game mode' which works great obviously with video games and you did say you would be using the TV exclusively for gaming. I'm not sure if there are other manufacturers providing a game mode.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you don't have a blurry smear on the environments when you move side to side, and the edges don't have glowing edges on your Bravia? which model do you have? i must have gotten a really screwed up one. lucky me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.