AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i just got an xbox 360 I bought assasins creed 2 and finishing it now. I want to know what other game should I get in exchange for AC2. game stop has 7 days and i m almost done with the game. Should I get fallout 3 or alan wake?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 /forum/post/19615386

Since i just got an xbox 360 I bought assasins creed 2 and finishing it now. I want to know what other game should I get in exchange for AC2. game stop has 7 days and i m almost done with the game. Should I get fallout 3 or alan wake?

There are so many good games out for the 360. What types of games do you like to play?

Edit:

Off of the top of my head...check out:

Halo 3 & Halo Reach

Gears of War series

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops

Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

Quote:

Assuming you're looking to 'rent' from GS for the week, then go with Alan Wake. Fallout 3 can be a 100+ hour game, where Alan Wake is probably 10 or so (sadly of which I've only completed 2 - as much as I liked the game).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
alan wake is an amazing game, not much replay in it but well worth a play

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the suggestions, I have played most of the games mentioned here like MW1 and 2. GTA IV, sorry i m not into Halo for some reason. I still have to play Black ops but will wait till the price drops. So I guess 10 hour game like alan wake sounds good at this time.

I really liked GTA IV and games like fable II and assasin's creed 1& 2.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369
I played both, Fallout 3 is better and with many more hours of gameplay; its a better value.

Also Check out:

BioShock, Dead Space, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo: Reach, GTA IV, Gears of War 2, and Batman: Arkham Asylum

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Bioshock - Easily one of the best games ever which were exclusive to the 360.

And if you like that, certainly give Bioshock2 a try.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This might be a stupid question, but can you save games on the xbox 360 hd. or do u still need a disk to play? Also, is tiger woods 10 golf good, do i really need to buy 11, same question for fifa 10 as well.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 /forum/post/19621038

This might be a stupid question, but can you save games on the xbox 360 hd. or do u still need a disk to play? Also, is tiger woods 10 golf good, do i really need to buy 11, same question for fifa 10 as well.

You need the disc - copying to the HD will help out load times though.

Buy TW '07. Last great Tiger game - and it can probably be found for $5-10.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 /forum/post/19618700

thanks for all the suggestions, I have played most of the games mentioned here like MW1 and 2. GTA IV, sorry i m not into Halo for some reason. I still have to play Black ops but will wait till the price drops. So I guess 10 hour game like alan wake sounds good at this time.

I really liked GTA IV and games like fable II and assasin's creed 1& 2.

If you liked GTA4 check out Red Dead Redemption. I'm also a big fan of Just Cause 2.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

Quote:

I'd start with Alan Wake. Be sure to play it w/ surround sound to really spook the hell out of ya. When finished then trade it in for Fallout Vegas, which is almost just an expansion pack of Fallout 3

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 /forum/post/19624650

Also, can anyone suggest and good family games for 2-4 people local multiplayer. either as a disk or buying from XBL.

Grab Peggle from the Arcade. Very fun and addictive for adults and kids.

If your family is inclined, Rock Band has been a huge hit with my family.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got top spin 3 hoping it would be good, but I hate the controls and how the game plays.

I also got Fifa 10 and TW 09, which is ok, I guess I will return the TW and Top Spin 3.

I asked the guy at game stop about alan wake and he said that if I dont like horror games than I would not like this as well, so I did not get that. Now I guess I will get Mafia 2 instead.

I also had a question if anyone has Monopoly and how do they like it. I downloaded are you smarter than a 5th grader demo and she liked it so I was wondering if monopoly would be a good buy or if there is any other game suggestions where 2 or more can play locally.

·
Registered
20,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 /forum/post/0

Also, can anyone suggest and good family games for 2-4 people local multiplayer. either as a disk or buying from XBL.

If your family is into movies Id recommend Scene It. We've played it with nephews, nieces, and friends and always have a good time.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am sorry that I am asking so many questions here. I also want to thank all of you for giving me your good advise so promptly.

I wanna know how do you guys purchase those arcade games from xbox live, which say 400 points or 1200 points etc.

Do you use your credit card to buy hem directly off box live or do you buy those 1600 or 4000 MS points and then redeem them on xbox live. I guess i wanna know which way is cheaper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.