AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GameCube will work for a short period of time and then I'll get a screen that says the system is unable to read the disk.

The disk are clean (they work on our other GameCube) and I've bought and used a lens cleaner, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
I haven't heard of this problem. Nintendo usually makes a sturdy machine. How old is your GC? If it's less than a year old, than Nintendo will fix it free of charge.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had it a couple of years. The unit is dated 2001.

This is the first problem I've had with it.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
It sounds like it's a laser lens problem. Maybe it got knocked off balance and is just not able to read the discs clearly. I don't think it would be all the difficult to fix it or very expensive to have it fixed.

You may want to bring it into a game store like EB or Gamestop and see if they can fix it. Since they refurbish consoles and such, they might be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have a problem with my gamecube too... I turned 11 today, and I am now too mature for any of the games. Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve,

I have socks older than you.

And children who are both younger than you.

Thankfully they're not too mature for the games.

They like playing our Xbox and PS2 also.

But thanks for your input.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by spelosi
I have a problem with my gamecube too... I turned 11 today, and I am now too mature for any of the games. Sorry, I couldn't resist :)
Actually, I think the games are a little too hard for you. Nintendo did always require their users to be somewhat intelligent. Now run along and play and let the adults talk. Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
so when someone knocks your system you knock them personally. That is very mature. it was just a taste of your own medicine. I am done now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.