AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I read a thread on this forum that indicates that you dont get new releases very quickly at all.

My question however is if i try to get older titles, like past years sports games, and games that came out the year the 360 was introduced will i be able to get a lot of games with little problem?

For reference i am located in washington DC.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have no problems getting new or old games at gamefly. they just also opened a new shipping center in Florida last week.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Nope, GameFly will happily send you old games no one else wants to rent until the cows go home.

Although, I have heard they throttle you hardcore if you rent out too many too fast, Netflix-style.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I am confused what you mean by "they throttle you." could someone please elaborate on what this means.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
I normally have no problem getting any game (newer or older) from GameFly, of course I'm a long standing member (going on 2 1/2 years) and they do seem to show some favortism to more tenured subscribers (based on the average turn around of my rentals compared to a couple of friends that signed up last fall).

My only real complaint is that they don't have a midwest shipping hub either here in KC (Netflix has one, it never takes more than 1 business day for them to get my returns and ship out my next rental) or St. Louis. Pretty much every rental I've gotten has come from their original California distribution center. So even with the Fast Return system it takes a good 3-5 days to get my next rental.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I think I get throttled pretty hard. I'm not too far from their California shipping center, but it usually takes 5-7 days turnaround between titles. If I'm lucky, I can get through 3 games in a month from them.

And to the person who asked what "throttling" is, it's a term for how Netflix or Gamefly will purposely slow down the turnaround time for customers who rent too many items. Netflix faced a class-action suit a couple of years ago for this, and it was settled by them giving their customers an short period of time when they could rent more movies at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts