AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I usually play games with headphones which is nice because it allows you to hear a lot of subtle sounds that can be lost in a speaker setup (my experience in the past with lower end speakers). I also like headphones because they allow good surround sound positioning. I am hoping that I can put together a speaker setup that would allow me to get the audio quality I am used to with a good pair of headphones and offer good positional audio as well. The room I game in is pretty small at 10' x 12'. I want quality and immersion, but I don't want to waste my money on something that might be overkill. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would a good compact system be sufficient?

I was thinking about a Definitive Technology Procinema 1000 Or should I go for a bigger speaker package?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Those are decent from what I've read, never actually heard them myself though.

I've had these for a while and think they are really great for a smallish system: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/

My current PC setup is these : http://www.edifier.ca/english/speakers/s550/s550.htm and to be honest, they are quite good for the price I paid ($342 on sale) and i likew them because I didn't want a receiver on my Gaming desk and it's a nice, great sounding, all in 1 system.

What are you going to be running for a receiver to power your speakers?

·
Registered
881 Posts
How much are you going to be paying for the Definitive 1000 set? You may be able to piece a better set together.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Because of how sensitive they are (and that I'm a Klipsch fan) any of the RSX packages would be a great choice, assuming you can find them online. I'm bummed Klipsch discoed them as they were great value for the dollar.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.