AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just saw this last night

This movie was bad, real bad. Horrible disjointed action (makes Michael Bay look like Kurosawa), terrible future shock reality, insipid characters, non-essential (ie paycheck) actors, idiotic script and violence and/or erotica that neither felt violent or erotic.

The trailer for cinemark and the cat couple trying to find their cell phone was more exciting.

1/10 (the 1 being only 95min long)

I'll wait until its released on vhs

Victor

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I've wondered about this one. The trailer didn't excite me in the least. I guess Leonidas had his day already.

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor-eyd /forum/post/17129526

Just saw this last night

This movie was bad, real bad. Horrible disjointed action (makes Michael Bay look like Kurosawa), terrible future shock reality, insipid characters, non-essential (ie paycheck) actors, idiotic script and violence and/or erotica that neither felt violent or erotic.

The trailer for cinemark and the cat couple trying to find their cell phone was more exciting.

1/10 (the 1 being only 95min long)

I'll wait until its released on vhs

Victor

That bad, I thought it looked good on the trailer.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
After watching "Crank 2: Hight Voltage" on BD with extras I realized that "Gamer" was by the same directors and they're not exactly a schlocky bunch so saw it yesterday. Going in knowing how those guys do movies I was not put off by the film. The only thing I can think of is the DVD/BD will probably have an alternate ending. The movie is pretty much in the vein of the Chev Chelios genre of over the top action and silliness. It pokes some pretty good joke at the tech revolution too.

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/17166955

So Death Race (And Longest Yard, and Mean Machine, etc) meets Crank?

Sounds like a fun time to me!

It essentially was Death Race meets Crank, but not nearly as fun as I'd hoped. It wasn't awful, but it says a lot about a movie when my first reaction was that "it wasn't as good as Crank", lol. Loved the look of it (Red One is gorgeous), but a big disappointment overall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.