AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting a CRT projector. The problem is that i want to use my HT system for games as well as movies. Now, people tell me that games cause burn in. Of course. But it's not that simple, is it? I have some questions that i would really like the answers to.

1. Will i still get burn-in if i turn down the brightness/contrast and never leave the game idle?

2. If so, how noticable will it be in say, 1, 2 or 3 years?

3. If so, wouldn't it be cheaper to change the tubes a few years down the road, than to buy a separate LCD projector just for games?

4. What about games that have a translucent interface, such as Halo?

5. Plenty of people use RPTV sets to play games and they're doing fine as long as they're careful. Do projectors suffer from burn-in more than RPTV's?

Oh yeah and i will use the projector for an average of 750-1000 hours/year. That's for games, satellite and DVD in that order.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well I use Gamecube and PS2 on my BG808s.

The key point is making sure that it is never left idle on a static screen, preferrably switch it off.

Have been using it with no ill effects for a year (and way more hours than you guote).

Regards Neil.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's good news. How many hours would you say? Also, do you use lower bright/contrast when playing games than when watching movies? If so, how low is it and do games look too dark?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.