AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/13/de...giving-up-ps2/


Gamestop is taking off $100 for the PS3 if you trade in your old PS2. Apparently this will last till February 18th. At that price I might just jump in and buy one since I have only touched my ps2 once or twice in 2006.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
Awesome deal!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzxx7 /forum/post/0


anyone know the return policy is for target because if I can return this and get one at gamestop I will.

The receipt says to be "new" and "unused". But you can try though. I "think" it's ok if the item looks new. I saw some guy a couple of days ago return a stereo system opened. The lady looked and gave him a refund.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didnt' realize this was already posted. I assumed since it wasn't on the first page that it probably wasn't posted because its such a good deal. I had no intention on buying a ps3 at its current price, but at $100 less I might just do it.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical /forum/post/0


The receipt says to be "new" and "unused". But you can try though. I "think" it's ok if the item looks new. I saw some guy a couple of days ago return a stereo system opened. The lady looked and gave him a refund.

thats on video games not consoles
 

· Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
I'd rather keep the Target PS3 and get their 3 year warranty for it. You can get most of that $100 by selling the PS2.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap /forum/post/0


Didnt' realize this was already posted. I assumed since it wasn't on the first page that it probably wasn't posted because its such a good deal. I had no intention on buying a ps3 at its current price, but at $100 less I might just do it.


I posted it the first time.... and of course it turned into a flamewar and was locked. Anyway, back to the subject at hand: this is quite a deal if you have a 2nd Sony brand (only) controller. For BR playback alone, this is a STEAL.


I think the current trade-in value of a PS2 + controller is $40. I wasn't going to GIVE my PS2 to GS for $40. Anybody try to return their PS3 and attempt to buy it back with a PS2 trade? Doubt any manager would go for that.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
Technically speaking, your post made you the first!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Ruhl /forum/post/0


I posted it the first time.... and of course it turned into a flamewar and was locked. Anyway, back to the subject at hand: this is quite a deal if you have a 2nd Sony brand (only) controller. For BR playback alone, this is a STEAL.


I think the current trade-in value of a PS2 + controller is $40. I wasn't going to GIVE my PS2 to GS for $40. Anybody try to return their PS3 and attempt to buy it back with a PS2 trade? Doubt any manager would go for that.

Actually I was trying to figure something out about that add. Do I have to give them a PS2, a memor card and 2 controllers, or just one controller? The way its worded its a bit weird.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,223 Posts
and knowing gamestop they will be hounding you to put a depsoit down on upcoming games like Lair, VF5, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0


and knowing gamestop they will be hounding you to put a depsoit down on upcoming games like Lair, VF5, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm.

I'll probably have one of my manager friends sell it to me so I don't have to be bothered with all that :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap /forum/post/0


Actually I was trying to figure something out about that add. Do I have to give them a PS2, a memor card and 2 controllers, or just one controller? The way its worded its a bit weird.


That is what it is sounding like. Most people I know have 2nd party controllers (myself included). If you could talk a buddy into a trade (a 2nd party controller for a SONY) that might be a way to go.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Picked up my ps3 today with the deal. There aren't any 20 Gigs at gamestop anywhere to be found so I had to go with a 60. I had enough stuff to trade in that even after taxes it was only $479 so I was happy.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top