1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....the DEMO!

This sure blows away Best Buy's preorder bonus: A Theme

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...product_id=591

Quote:
Reserve Killzone 2 and receive exclusive access to the Killzone 2 Demo. You must have access to Playstation Network in order to redeem promotion code. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Online Customers: Codes granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be sent via email starting on February 3rd.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A rave card granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be available at time of game reservation.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
Well seeing as how the Gamestop preorder requires you to fully pay for the game while you just have to pay 5 bucks for the Best Buy preorder I'd say the bonuses are quite appropriate. That is unless I'm wrong about the Gamestop thing. I've been told by them that you have to fully pay to receive the demo bonus.

· Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/15413562

Meh.

It'll be up on the PSN before release if Sony knows whats good for them.

Well GS has had the same 5 bones of mine for the last 6 months. I just shift it from one preorder to another (Warhammer, SOCOM, MGS4, etc) to get the bonus. If the demo is available as early as today, no way am I waiting for Sony to make it available. This is freaking KZ2!!!!

My local GS opens in about an hour. I'll post my likely disappointment then.

Anyone east of PST have any luck with your Gamestops?

· Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/15413660

Well seeing as how the Gamestop preorder requires you to fully pay for the game while you just have to pay 5 bucks for the Best Buy preorder I'd say the bonuses are quite appropriate. That is unless I'm wrong about the Gamestop thing. I've been told by them that you have to fully pay to receive the demo bonus.

You've been told wrong. $5 is all you have to put down to preorder ANY game from GS.

· Registered
1,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/15413660

Not true, although some Gamestop employees make up their own rules and think they know everything.

I've put down $5 on many games and if I end up getting the game from somewhere else, I just transferred the $5 to another new game.

· Registered
457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky /forum/post/15415089

I'll pre-order when the game comes with a Helghast mask.

LOL!! Now thats what I would like to see, and would be the first time I would pre-ordered a game since like Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run on SNES. I was younger then and actually believed the hype of preordering games, as well as having fear of stores actually running out of media products.

· Registered
5,639 Posts
I wouldn't expect them to have the demo cards out so soon. This is GameStop we're talking about.

Besides, the online store won't send them out until the third of Feb, so even if you get them in store it doesn't mean that the demo will be available as soon as you get home, will it?

· Registered
3,558 Posts
Ha well shoot I'll be making my way down to the local GS to get my preorder for the game. Figured that didn't sound right considering other places usually only require 5 bucks down.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
That's pretty cool. Too bad I won't be in the country to try it out so preorder for me is a no go
I'll probably pick the game up in July time frame when I come back to the states.

· Registered
1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRealBlue /forum/post/15444552

I think if I do get a code, I'm donating it to some skeptic. word of mouth

Guys, I'm very skeptical about this game. Probably just another Haze in the making. I'm willing to give it a chance, but I doubt it'll be any good.

· Registered
2,235 Posts
I saw this tonight at gamestop before I saw the thread. I just asked if there was anything cool with the preorder. They said the beta, which I assumed to be MP beta, but the demo is almost as good. They said they wouldnt be ready until february.

On a side note: Damn, I know I shouldnt be suprised, but I cant believe all the hate in this thread. Its not as if they are asking you to buy the demo, you guys are rediculous.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.