AVS Forum banner

Gaming & HD-DVD/Blu-ray Projector Recommendations?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Fragster 
#1 ·
OK so I recently met a guy that has a projector and watched a movie on it. I instantly fell in love with it.

So now im in the market to find one that will fit my needs and doesn't break the bank, around the $800 price range. I plan on selling my dell monitor to help cover some of the cost. Ill prolly end up buying it off ebay new or used.

I will end up using it primarily for PC Games and HD-DVD/Blu-ray/DVD's playback

Right now I have a Dell 2407wfp monitor w/ a resolution of 1920 x 1200. Now ive seen alot of good things about the Mitsubishi HC1500 Projector. But I have a few questions.

1)Will my games look just as good on the Mitsubishi HC1500 as my lcd monitor?

2) What are some things I need to watch for when looking to buy a monitor? This is my 2nd day of reading about these things

I feel like im missing a question that I need to ask, o well. Ill just post it once I think of it again.

Thanks for your help

See less See more
#3 ·
no..but the size you will get will FAR outweigh that as far as im concerned. and the 720p image you get from the ligh cannon that is a Mitsubishi HC1500 is nothing short of outstanding for the price you are at. you will not get lots of bells and whistles, nor the highest end components within the projector but it does what it is supposed to do and it does it very well. you will not get the real benefit from blue ray as this only does 1080i or 720p, but 720p looks pretty damned good (this is an ongoing debate 1080p vs 720p which i will not reoopen here)

as long as you have a light controlled room, and even a cheap screen (the wall will NOT do any projector justice) you will be very happy with the image you get i'm sure. then you'll upgrade like the rest of us LOL

#4 ·
Sanyo Z2000 has 2 VERY nice rebates going through the end of September, ($300 OR a GPS, AND another $300) it will bring the final price down to the 1500.00 range if you want to go to that price point. Not sure how 'strick' you are on your budget. I just hooked mine up Thursday night, and we were up until 3am (we are *USUALLY in bed by 9PM!) watching movies

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.