AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming lag issue!

937 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  blackstripes 
#1 ·
I am looking at this model of the Samsung pedistal series

Samsung HL-P5085W

I would assume this would lag with an Xbox but keep in mind that Im only preparing myself for the Xbox 360

will Samsung's DLPs still lag when high def games come along?

#4 ·
my friend just got a new Samsung DLP and the first thing he showed me was how the controller response lagged. it was quite bad in both MVP Baseball (pitching was awful) and NCAA Football (really noticeable when kicking field goals).

Although, with a little practice and some prediction you could overcome it and 'time' your responses early to overcome the input lag.

it is a known problem though... yes. it is just some people learn to adapt (some not even realizing it, like the guy ^^^ above me) and predict the proper timing by practice.

#6 ·
I actually think the lag issue's gotten worse with the HLR. I have an HLP and do not notice lag on 480p and above. I've been playing Gladius at 480p and this game has a "swing meter" for every attack you perform in the game, sometimes faster than Hot Shots Golf's meters. Definitely does not lag. Since the HLRs have hit the market, I've heard more complaints about 480p and 720p material, although 720p seems to be restricted to MVP 2005.

Cush

#7 ·
I have an HLP and have never had a lag in video games and I play them a LOT on this puppy. Video games (everything from RTS to FPS) and movies are my mainstay and I've really put my set through the ringer and it has been perfect everytime. I do play the xBox on occasion and it hasn't had a lag (component connection) but most of my gaming and viewing are off my HTPC (DVI) and its set to output 720p resolution to the TV which may make a difference. Most of the lag issues I've read about seem to be with people who use composite or S-video connections. I also have DNIE turned on but the digital noise option is off. That may also come into play on any kind of lag.

Joe ->

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.