AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- I just bought a 55" Vizio E550VL last week at Costco. I'm using component cables to my Denon AVR 1905 which connects to my SA 8300HD (TWC).

The past two nights I've noticed a delay in audio while watching the Cavs/Heat game on TNT HD, Food Network HD, and the local ABC 11pm news channel.

I'm wondering- is this the TV or receiver issue? I'm hard selling the wife on why we need a new receiver (Denon AVR 1610)... would getting an HDMI receiver fix this problem? Or is this something totally different like crappy TWC?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
My year old 55" Vizio has as Lip Sync adjustment. Also I have noticed that ABC news often has a bad lip sync problem when displaying clips from other news sites. The receiver should have no impact on lip sync, Since you are not playing 3D Blu-Ray disks you should have not need for a 1.4 receiver.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we do have a 1080p media player. I guess that's a good enough reason. ;-)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The best way to check to see if it's the receiver is just connect the audio cables you are using directly into the tv. If the lip synch is gone, it's the receiver. And if it is, you can do the following to possibly fix it.

You can run an optical cable straight out of you cable box into your receiver and the component cables straight into your tv which may help as well. And you can run the HDMI from your media player straight into the tv, and optical out of it straight into your receiver. Turn off the tvs sound and it's all good.

Cable only sends 5.1 so a new receiver would be pretty unnecessary as one of the above solutions will probably fix the problem. Tho you will have to change inputs on the receiver.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratch
Well, we do have a 1080p media player. I guess that's a good enough reason. ;-)
But the output from a 1080p media player is not in HDMI 1.4a 3D double packed buffer format so it works just fine with any HDMI 1.3 receiver since neither 1080p/24, 2080p/30, 1080p/60 are HDMI 1.4 formats.

An HDMI 1.4 receiver any better then your HDMI 1.3 receiver does today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts