AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going tv shopping with my cousin today whos lookin for a affordable LCD. The main purpose will be gaming on his PS3. He likes playing first person shooter games and EA Sports games.

We are lookin at the Samsung 32a450 but worried about the 60 MHZ. The budget is a 1 grand Canadian and this tv with taxes falls perfectlly within budget. Are there better options? Should he expect blurring with 60 MHZ tv?

Also 1080P dosent matter at 32 inches right?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
1080p at 32" is only a neccessity if you sit really close like 3' from the screen, BUT IMO it's wasted at that screen size.

Some sets to consider are LG, toshiba, they are affordable, and you could probably even get a 37" tv instead for under a grand if you look around.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastinc /forum/post/14258661

Im going tv shopping with my cousin today whos lookin for a affordable LCD. The main purpose will be gaming on his PS3. He likes playing first person shooter games and EA Sports games.

We are lookin at the Samsung 32a450 but worried about the 60 MHZ. The budget is a 1 grand Canadian and this tv with taxes falls perfectlly within budget. Are there better options? Should he expect blurring with 60 MHZ tv?

Also 1080P dosent matter at 32 inches right?

does he plan on using it for anything other than his PS3? Cable or Satellite? PC monitor? DVD and/or Blu-ray?

also, how far away is he going to be sitting from it?

as far as the 60hz question goes, there are no 120hz 32" HDTV's yet, and i doubt there ever will be. perfect example, one of the features of the Samsung 650 is that it's a 120hz set, but only for the larger displays, and the 32" display's only 60hz.

as far as blurring goes, it's going to happen on LCD's with games. my 550 produces zero blur during fast scene's of movies, but there are just certain parts in certain games that do blur. it happens, and if someone says they don't see it while playing a game on an LCD, they're just not looking in the right spots for it.

it doesn't bother me though, because it's not really noticeable unless i look for it, and even then it's not enough to distract me. as far as the PS3 and motion blur goes, there are a few games are notorious for it...

bottom line, more goes into the larger displays. i personally use a 32" Samsung 550 for my PC monitor and my Xbox 360, and i've seen my fair share of posts saying that they use different displays for the smaller sizes, but mine looks great to me and that's all that matters. i would have gone with the 450 though, if i wasn't using it for a PC monitor too. i would say get the 450, it's one of the best 720p LCD's out right now, unless he's going to be using it as a PC montior too...

·
Registered
178 Posts
actually, panasonic and sony have 32 inch 120hz sets. (32lz800 - 1080p and 32xbr4 - 720p if i recall correctly), though still fairly pricey and hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts