AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I am just about to order a panasonic px50 and just had a few gaming ?s first. I am not worried about burn in but was curious how the games look as far as bluring or any other problems. Does anyone know the refresh rates on these plasmas? How are the dark scenes? Is anyone having any problems with gaming on these plasmas. I am just about ready to pull the trigger but just want to make sure first. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
160 Posts
You could verify this with some of the older/more experienced members here, since I'm still a n00b, but I'm pretty sure that most of them will tell you that there's really no reason to be concerned. The refresh rates on plasmas are high enough that you need not be concerned with refresh rates. :D

Black levels are Panasonic's specialty, and are some of the best in the business (plasma or otherwise), so I wouldn't worry about that at all. As for blurring, that's a non-issue with plasmas. It was sort of a problem with lcd's, but that's pretty much been corrected as well, particularly with the nicer lcd monitors (e.g. Sharp Aquos).

Oh, and about the burn-in problem, that's basically a non-issue as well at this point, as long as you don't do anything really stupid (i.e. leave the plasma on a static screen for 3 days straight).

And you should read this: http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...12&cont_id=822

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They're the perfect tv's for gaming. You'll be in HD heaven when November comes and can even play a few Xbox HD games right now. Check out Freedom Fighters and Amped2 and you'll be salivating for November to arrive ;)

BTW, I own the Th50Phd7UY...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sorry, totally forgot about this thread. No, don't have pics as I don't own a camera. Check the video game section and do a search as I'm pretty sure some people with plasmas have posted pics.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I've got a 42PX20 fed via an iScan HD for Xbox,PS2&GC gaming. Best gaming setup I've ever used. Colors are eye popping. Can't wait for next gen Xbox.

Unless you play hundreds of hours nonstop of a single game, I can't see burnin being a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.