AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am new to the projector scene and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good projector for game and home theater use. I am putting it in my basement so the lighting is very dim. I am going to be using an Xbox 1 system for gaming. Was wondering if I should hold out for 4k tv to come down in price or go with some sort of 1080p projector so I could get a larger image. I am aiming at 120 inches or greater. Also I am trying to stay under 1000$. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have researched the following projectors,ViewSonic PJD7820HD, Acer H6510BD,Optoma HD25-LV, most haves are 1080p Full HD resolution and the ability to play games with the least amount of lag. Sorry for the rambling and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I have a BenQ W1070 and love it. Very little input lag and it does great with motion being a DLP chip. I am not a fan of LCD at all. Good black levels and is under your budget. Just checked Amazon and it is going for $800 right now.

I researched a lot before buying and this was the choice the majority said to go with. Gaming was my first concern and this does not disappoint at all. Input lag is lower than almost every TV there is.

This projector also does 3D amazingly well.

Reactions: Jdezonia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a BenQ W1070 and love it. Very little input lag and it does great with motion being a DLP chip. I am not a fan of LCD at all. Good black levels and is under your budget. Just checked Amazon and it is going for $800 right now.

I researched a lot before buying and this was the choice the majority said to go with. Gaming was my first concern and this does not disappoint at all. Input lag is lower than almost every TV there is.

Thanks for the help. I forgot to list the benq w1070 and w1080st. I didn't know if I should go with a short throw it not. I have 15-16 feet of room but I didn't know if a short throw would be better do no one would walk in front of the image. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the w1070 or the acer p1500. Those are the two I see get great reviews for both gaming and media.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Are you playing first person shooters specifically those that run at 30fps on this projector ? Like Killzone shadow fall, gears of war or others. I have massive juddering on my plasma set and I want to get a projector instead but I fear DLP would produce the same amount of juddering as my current plasma. Thanks !

·
Registered
95 Posts
gaming projector

I have the benq w1070 with 106"screen and love it for gaming
mainly play COD series ,also have 50"plasma but prefer benq for gaming.also very low lag time for a projector....
have Xbox 360,ps3 and ps4 and they are all great on the benq w1070...
l stepped up from a optoma 720p projector to the benq and it was a huge upgrade and 3d is awesome on this projector

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Epson 1080UB here. Works great for all games I throw at it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd highly recommend the Epson 2000/2030 LCD projector. The BenQ w1070 is very good but it gave me RBE (rainbow effect) so I went with Epson and love it. I use it mainly for gaming and don't have problems with lag or motion blur. For under $800, it's a fantastic projector. Lamps are rated to 6000hours in Eco mode, you get 2 year overnight replacement warranty and replacement lamps are only $99. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I JUST bought the BenQ and it is beautiful. The picture is far better than i could have imagined (and i dont even have a screen yet) i can't wait to set up my surround sound and my screen.

Any suggestions on a screen guys?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I JUST bought the BenQ and it is beautiful. The picture is far better than i could have imagined (and i dont even have a screen yet) i can't wait to set up my surround sound and my screen.

Any suggestions on a screen guys?
I bought a Carada I'm very pleased with. Also previously had an Elite Screens i was NOT very pleased with, and an ancient Stewart that was excellent as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.