AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Xbox 360 and Call of Duty 4 looks amazing on the 42" Panasonic Plasma th42px6u I'm using , but I do get worried about burn-in while playing because their is a HUD that stays on the screen while your playing. I know there isn't an exact answer to this, but how long would it typically take for that to be there to cause burn-in? It's not like I'm gaming for 5 hours straight, maybe two hours at most.

Probably a stupid question, but what if I was to change the channel for a few seconds would that help out at all?

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you are just playing for a couple of hours a session I wouldn't even worry about it. That is no worse than watching a widescreen movie for two hours

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks.

I have heard and read many diff opinions on plasmas. A lot of people say gaming on plasmas is fine and other people will say gaming is no good because of static images.

Games looks fantastic on it though for sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This might help, from Pioneer .

The only irony for me is that my Pioneer has a blurry Adult Swim logo stuck in the lower right corner that doesn't seem to want to go away but my Panasonic has no issues whatsoever.

Basically, burn in appears to be a thing of the past for plasma displays. You'd probably need a defective television or truly abuse it to create burn in. There might be some image retention but that should only be temporary.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've played COD 4 and Orange Box for hours on my 42pz77u without problems. I may have a little retention after playing, but if I run some full screen content it goes away in minutes. Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts