Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

The new 7189 Drivers (Win98) changed the Gamma Adjustmentstab.

It no longer goes : normal (0),darker(4),brighter(8),...

It now goes : normal (0),brighter(3),brighter(9),...

cya

Ralf

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Since my HD died last night.. I am on a fresh drive, so nay decent driver/software combinations out there? Or Am I rolling back to the 7093 drivers or yesterday fio stability?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I haven't bought an ATI yet. But I thought the Overlay controls weren't available to the latest drivers. Can someone say what color controls are available with the latest drivers?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I am bumping this so hopefully someone will answer my question. I just want to know if ATI's latest drivers offer gamma support. This could be an important feature for ATI users using Cineplayer 4.0 if gamma adjustment is needed.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Whether the driver itself supports gamma control is not the only issue. The DVD filter itself has to support setting the driver's gamma level, and the DVD software that uses the filter has to support adjusting the filter's gamma setting. I'm pretty sure most of the Radeon drivers have gamma support, though in a few of the leaked builds and some of the win2k drivers it was disabled/broken. But even so, as far as I know the only two publicly available software players that actually allow you to change the gamma setting are ATI DVD Player and WinDVD 2.6/2.8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.