AVS Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Gangs of London: A Look at the Series | Premieres Exclusively on AMC+ on October 1
FYI.

It looks like AMC+ streaming service is available not only for Xfinity customers today, but also Apple TV, Prime Video Channels, Dish and Sling TV.

It is $8.99 a month on Prime Video Channels. Not sure if other services are subsidizing it. Just signed up for 7-day trial on Prime Video. It appears to include AMC, IFC, Sundance TV, Shudder, Sundance NOW and IFC Unlimited Films content. Commercial-free and includes content that was exclusive to AMC Premiere (i.e. Mad Men, Rubicon, etc.) That is a nice mix of content. I am a Sundance NOW subscriber on Prime Video for $6.99 a month, so this seems like a no-brainer upgrade.

First three (3) episodes of GANGS OF LONDON are up today on AMC+.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It looks like AMC+ streaming service is available not only for Xfinity customers today, but also Apple TV, Prime Video Channels, Dish and Sling TV.
now that makes much more sense...I'll wait till all the episodes drop and sign up for the free 7 day trial on Amazon Video

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It is $8.99 a month on Prime Video Channels. Not sure if other services are subsidizing it. Just signed up for 7-day trial on Prime Video. It appears to include AMC, IFC, Sundance TV, Shudder, Sundance NOW and IFC Unlimited Films content. Commercial-free and includes content that was exclusive to AMC Premiere (i.e. Mad Men, Rubicon, etc.) That is a nice mix of content. I am a Sundance NOW subscriber on Prime Video for $6.99 a month, so this seems like a no-brainer upgrade.
does AMC+ include all seasons of The Walking Dead?...I thought Netflix had some exclusive arrangement for that series?...is Better Call Saul available?...I'm guessing No to that as well for the same reason...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
now that makes much more sense...I'll wait till all the episodes drop and sign up for the free 7 day trial on Amazon Video
I agree. It also includes the LIVE feeds for AMC, AMC PLUS, BBC America, IFC and Sundance TV.

Nine (9) episodes in GANGS OF LONDON, Season 1. Not sure if they will drop one (1) episode a week after this three (3) episode Premiere drop. Will drop an update here next week.

does AMC+ include all seasons of The Walking Dead?...I thought Netflix had some exclusive arrangement for that series?...is Better Call Saul available?...I'm guessing No to that as well for the same reason...
You are correct. Exclusives with other streaming services are not available on AMC+. It will likely take them a while to unwind all of those license deals and have it all on AMC+. MAD MEN dropped off of Netflix after years about a month ago. It has been available on IMDB TV with limited ads since. The entire series is on AMC+ commercial-free.

THE WALKING DEAD - (Seasons 1-9 on Netflix; Season 10 on AMC+)
BETTER CALL SAUL - (Seasons 1-4 on Netflix, Season 5 available for purchase only.)
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (Seasons 1-5 on HULU)

TWD: WORLD BEYOND was not licensed out and will be on AMC/AMC+ exclusively. I am guessing most new AMC Originals will likely remain AMC/AMC+ exclusives going forward.

Reactions: TitusTroy

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm currently using the AMC Premiere app to watch S10 of Walking Dead and noticed that Gangs of London is also available...the first 3 episodes...so it's not really an AMC+ exclusive and is available across the various AMC apps...a new episode drops weekly...at that rate the finale will air on November 12th

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I'm currently using the AMC Premiere app to watch S10 of Walking Dead and noticed that Gangs of London is also available...the first 3 episodes...so it's not really an AMC+ exclusive and is available across the various AMC apps...a new episode drops weekly...at that rate the finale will air on November 12th
I think I read that anyone that paid up to AMC Premiere on a cable provider would eventually get 'upgraded' to AMC+. I wonder if they are teasing out the first few episodes and then it will be behind the AMC+ paywall? I thought I read that if you were on a cable subscription with just AMC and not upgraded to AMC Premiere it would not be available until sometime in 2021. But, two weeks ago it was being reported that AMC+ would only be available to Comcast/Xfinity cable subscribers and now it is available on a number of other non-cable and cable platforms. COOL if you can stream the first three (3) episodes!! (y)

UPDATE: I just went to AMC.com that is authenticated with my PHILO subscription. No AMC PREMIERE upgrade. It is showing Episode 1 and 2 with a lock label. If I try to play either episode it requires that I upgrade to AMC Premiere to unlock episodes. So, it is an exclusive to some form of AMC upgrade (AMC Premiere or AMC+).

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I think I read that anyone that paid up to AMC Premiere on a cable provider would eventually get 'upgraded' to AMC+. I wonder if they are teasing out the first few episodes and then it will be behind the AMC+ paywall? I thought I read that if you were on a cable subscription with just AMC and not upgraded to AMC Premiere it would not be available until sometime in 2021. But, two weeks ago it was being reported that AMC+ would only be available to Comcast/Xfinity cable subscribers and now it is available on a number of other non-cable and cable platforms. COOL if you can stream the first three (3) episodes!! (y)
makes sense that all AMC Premiere subs would get upgraded to AMC+...makes no sense having multiple AMC apps...reminds me of the HBO Max--HBO Now--HBO Go situation...will only lead to confusion

I'm using the 7 day free trial of AMC Premiere so I won't be using it beyond that...I'll use the Amazon Channels AMC+ 7 day free trial to watch Gangs of London sometime after the finale airs...then I'll still have the Apple TV Channels AMC+ free trial to use as well in the future

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
makes sense that all AMC Premiere subs would get upgraded to AMC+...makes no sense having multiple AMC apps...reminds me of the HBO Max--HBO Now--HBO Go situation...will only lead to confusion

I'm using the 7 day free trial of AMC Premiere so I won't be using it beyond that...I'll use the Amazon Channels AMC+ 7 day free trial to watch Gangs of London sometime after the finale airs...then I'll still have the Apple TV Channels AMC+ free trial to use as well in the future
I saw the other day while on AMC with my PHILO account that they were offering AMC Premiere for 50% off its annual pricing of $60. I thought that was a pretty aggressive discount, but I am glad I did not pull the trigger on it. Later that day is when I discovered that AMC+ (AMC, AMC Plus, BBC America, IFC and Sundance TV linear feeds along with IFC Films Unlimited, Shudder and Sundance NOW streaming channels) would be available for $8.99 a month outside of a cable subscription. Those three (3) streaming channels are $6, $6 and $7 respectively on Prime Channels on their own. I know that SHUDDER just passed 1 million subscribers, so I was surprised that it was included. ACORN TV is their most popular streaming subscription and they obviously want to leave it out of any bundle. But, it is nice to see them step outside of a cable-only distribution model. I hope it goes well for them and they see the value of continuing to bundle their offerings outside of cable subscriptions.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Does AMC typically drop new episodes of shows on Sunday evenings, like HBO? No new episode this week after the 3-episode drop last Thursday. But, that could have been an Oct 1st release to coincide with AMC+ streaming launch and now it will move to Sunday airings.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
anyone watching this?...people I trust are telling me that through 5 episodes this is an excellent series...I'm looking forward to checking it out in November after the finale drops and I can use my Amazon Channels (or Apple Channels) free 7 day trial of AMC+

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
The cast and creators discuss the making of the "ambitious" fight sequences and explosive set pieces in Season 1.

NSFW - extreme violence

41 - 53 of 53 Posts