AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man o man was Dan Day Lewis great in this movie or what. I never even wanted to see this movie based on what I saw in cominng attr. My better half rented it so i watched it. This is a really great movie.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Day Lewis was excellent, just excellent. Outstanding performance!

The movie ran a bit too long and thought if they cut out 30 minutes it would have been much more enjoyable.

Peace Out~:D

·
Registered
27,679 Posts
Agreed on the length.

Fortunately, the powerful cannon blasts at the end awoke us from our sleepiness.

All and all, good film makig!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Silly over rated movie. Only worth watching for great set pieces. Lewis was okay, Leo and everyone else stank. The story was a sleeper. Up untill now it was forgotten.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hynek,

"Lewis was okay"

?????

Are you crazy? How can you possibly think that. This movie has been discussed here many times and the comments are always the same. Lewis is great, Leo sucks movie is either great or it's the worst. I rented this one @ first thinking I wasn't going to like it but I went back and bought it. I have now seen it 4 times and I don't seem to grow tired of watching it. How many movies in your collection can you say that about? In mine it's only a handful! Lewis was outstanding, [email protected]#ing incredible if I may say so.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hynek
Silly over rated movie. Only worth watching for great set pieces. Lewis was okay, Leo and everyone else stank. The story was a sleeper. Up untill now it was forgotten.
Rubbish, for those of us with a degree of intellectual no how on the reality of history from the 1840 to 1875 timeframe the movie is a true gem.

great entertainment for those of us who extoll testosterone and yes perhaps a sleeper for those who have none.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I still hold that Day Lewis was robbed of an Oscar. (Brody was very good in the Pianist as well mind you- just not as good...) This is easily one of the all time great performances in film.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.