AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wall where I am planning to mount my tv has me a little concerned. I will be running y lines through the all to the attic. they will all be low voltage and terminated at S 1gang wsll plate w/ 6 keystones for sat, ots, voice, data and hdmi.

here is the issue, on tne otherside of this wall lives a gas stove.

what do I need to be aware of, what are the dangers, tips cincerns etc of installing low voltage in a wall w/gas, possibly in between the same 2 studs.

just wanna make sure I don't screw up royally on this one.

thanks all

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
As long as you don't drill into the gas pipe you'll be fine.

the spell checker is (or should be) your friend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:

Ok so I will be running POWER through this wall now being that I will have a TV mounted on the wall. Is there anything I should look out for when running romex through a wall w/ a gas line in that same area?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Please hire a licensed, insured, electrical contractor.

While not a complicated job, if you need to ask the above questions, it would most likely be for the best.

rob

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was planning on using the PowerBridge and running it through my UPS then the wall. Would you still advise getting an electrician?

·
Registered
500 Posts
yes

·
Registered
151 Posts
The installation of a powerbridge, while a worth while idea for other reasons, doesn't really lesson potential hazards which could be inadvertently created by a less than experienced installation.

rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts