AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there that has the Gateway 42' ED that can tell me their Calibration settings for 6500D? I changed mine a long time ago and picture has been degraded every since. I know copying someone elses won't make mine perfect but I'm hoping it will get me closer to where I need to be to see a decent picture. I tryed to contact gateway about the changes I had made in the manufacturers menu and they act like they don't even know the menu exist on the set. Also wish there was a default button to push, but no no.. once tampered with thats it for this set........

Please though anyone out there with this set please post your settings...

AVI-CT 6500

RGB-CT 6500

DVI-CT 6500

To get to service menu

hold left arrow for 6 secs

hold right arrow for 6 secs

hold fav. set for 6 secs.

then use fav. set to scroll through settings..

thanks and any other info appreciated...

all I tampered with is the BIAS AND GAIN, and now having hard time getting decent picture back!!

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.. I dropped him a PM hopefully he can help.. I'm in desperate need here... Just about to throw it out in the street... Just had enough!!!! thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here are the calibration settings from my Gateway 42" EDTV (non-Ultrabright)

6500D

DVI-CT

Gain R=42 G=3B B=37

Bias R=FB G=FD B=FA

RGB-CT

Gain R=50 G=5B B=5A

Bias R=94 G=7C B=84

AVI-CT

Gain R=5D G=5D B=52

Bias R=FF G=00 B=FE

Hope this helps.

BTW, there is a X=313 Y=329 value shown - what does that do ? How do you actually change the above values ?

Is there a set of commands that allow you to see how many hours the unit has been under operation, firmware, etc.

Also, my 4:3 picture is not perfectly centered on the 16:9 screen in Component. Is there any way to adjust the centering ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.