AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Gateway FMC-901X connected directly to a a/v receiver through the optical toslink connector. The sound is great; however; I noticed that sometimes the audio pauses or skips for a a second or two and restarts where it left off. This will happen as often as every few minutes or may only happen once an hour. I also noticed when the audio pauses the MUTE text flashes on the screen as if I pressed the mute button on the remote and turns off when the audio resumes.

I see the problem in MCE 2004 and winamp. I occasionly see the problem when I play a DVD with WINDVD and the video pauses, but no MUTE text.

I never saw this problem when I was using the analog audio output.

Has anyone else seen this with a Gateway FMC-901X? Any solutions?

I found a discussion in this forum titled "DVD playback skips" that sound like the same problem. They mention a problem with the Soundmax onboard toslink output and the solution is to use a driver from RealTek.

Does the Gateway FMC-901X motherboard use Soundmax? Has anyone tried this with a FMC-901X?

I am considering using the digital miniconnector as a work around. Has anyone used the digital output connector on the FMC-901X's Audigy card for S/PDIF output?

Thanks for any help or info!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 901X too and had same problem. Go into control panel and reduce sound card volume to 70%. That should correct it

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.